Equipment Loans and Rentals
Academic Technologies provides technology equipment loans for university courses and equipment rentals for events in AT-supported locations on the Foggy Bottom and Virginia Science and Technology campuses.
Please review the equipment provided in your classroom or lab. If your classroom is not equipped with the technology you need, review the equipment available for check out. Instructors may borrow equipment for a GW course at no cost. For non-GW course events, event coordinators should submit a rental request 48 hours in advance.
For courses and events at the Mount Vernon Campus, review the equipment loan procedures.
Borrowing equipment for a GW course on Foggy Bottom Campus
For GW courses in AT-supported locations on the Foggy Bottom campus, instructors should:
- Make a reservation with WebCheckout.
- Pick up your reserved equipment from a Classroom Support Center.
Renting equipment for an event on Foggy Bottom Campus
For non-GW course events, event coordinators should:
- Obtain a classroom reservation confirmation number from the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit an Equipment Rental Form (Non-GW Course).
- Contact Academic Technologies’ Solutions Center for information regarding your equipment pick-up.
Prices and other applicable fees are listed on the form. Please note that we need at least 24 hours for changes made to equipment reservations.
If you have any questions regarding equipment loans or equipment rentals, please contact our Solutions Center to speak with a service representative.
Borrowing equipment for spaces on the Virginia Science and Technology Campus
You can reserve classrooms on VSTC through Academic Scheduling.
To make an equipment reservation:
- Log in to the scheduling system with your GW NetID and password.
- Hover over Reservations in the menu and click VSTC Equipment Checkout.
- Select the date and time you need the equipment and click Get Services.
- Complete the form and click Submit.
- Pick up your reserved equipment from the VSTC Academic Technologies suite at:
45085 University Drive
Ashburn, VA 20170
Equipment should be requested at least 24 hours in advance.
Please note that GW faculty and staff can access the system. Students and external groups must coordinate with their programs or GW sponsors to checkout equipment.