To use the Virtual Computer Lab, there are two requirements:
- You must download and install the VMware Horizon Client from the App Store.
- You must be connected to the GWireless Wi‐Fi network on the GW campus.
- Because of certain network compatibility limitations, you will not be able to use your iOS device to connect to the VCL from off campus.
After you have installed the VMware Horizon Client on your iOS device, follow these steps to connect to the Virtual Computer Lab.
- Ensure you are connected to the GWireless Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the VMware View app (see Figure 11).
Figure 11: VMware View app icon for iOS
- Tap "+" in the top left corner to add a new server.
- Type vcl.acadtech.gwu.edu in the <Server Address> field in the app.
- Tap Add Server. The client will automatically connect to the server. You will then be prompted to provide your Username and Password. In these fields, enter your GW NetID and Password. Ensure <Domain> is set to EAD (see Figure 10).
- Once you successfully log in, you will see a list of virtual computers you have permission to use. Tap on the appropriate virtual computer.
- Your instructor will tell you which virtual computer to use for your course.
- Note: If you do not see the virtual computer you need, check with your course instructor to see if he or she requested access for you.
- Once you are connected to the virtual computer, you can use the virtual computer like a normal Windows PC. Application programs are available in the virtual computer’s Start Menu.
- When you are finished using the VCL, log off by going to the Start Menu on the virtual computer, then press the “Log Off” button.
Please be aware the virtual desktop will erase any files saved to the machine during log off. Please save your work to an external source (e.g. your GW email or GW Google Drive) before you log off the VCL. Academic Technologies staff cannot retrieve any lost files.
801 22nd Street, NW B101
Washington, DC 20052