GW Lecture Capture
Record and Deliver Lectures and Course Videos to Your Students
The service can be utilized in two ways:
- Determine if your course has been scheduled in a Lecture Capture classroom. Enroll your lectures to be automatically recorded and published to your students.
- Record lectures from your personal computer or upload pre-recorded videos. Contact the Instructional Technology Lab to learn more about personal capture software.
All lecture capture classrooms can record instructor audio and presentation materials, if requested. Select classrooms are also equipped with a camera to record video of the instructor, along with the audio and presentation materials.
Discover the benefits of using the Lecture Capture service in your course by watching several short testimonial videos featuring GW faculty members who have incorporated Lecture Capture into their courses.
Lecture Capture Enhanced Features
Enhanced features include instructor access to student usage metrics, and students can bookmark content, engage in collaborative discussions, and download recorded course content.
- Student Usage Metrics - allow you to view and download analytics of student viewing, including how many videos they watched, how much of the video they watched, and how often they watched it.
- Content Bookmarking – allows your students to place bookmarks throughout presentations, allowing them to pick up where they stopped in a lecture or to return to interesting or difficult sections.
- Collaborative discussions – you and your students can start a collaborative discussion at any point in the lecture by making comments that are embedded within the captured lecture, allowing them to interact with one another.
- Full streaming + downloads – your students can stream the lecture capture videos in their browser, as well as download the videos for later viewing without Internet access.
- Personal Capture – allows you to record audio, webcam video, and computer movements and activities and then upload your recordings from your personal computer to your course collection.
Register for a workshop with the Instructional Technology Lab (ITL) to learn about lecture capture features. You can also make an appointment at your convenience with the ITL to learn more about how to incorporate Lecture Capture into your course.