Virtual Computer Lab
Academic Technologies supports a Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) environment for academic departments. The VCL permits students to access specialized software, in a safe computing environment, from their personal computer or mobile device remotely. The VCL can be accessed 24 hours a day and may require access to the GW VPN.
Operating Systems Available:
- Windows 7
- Decision Tools 5.7
- Primavera Risk 8.7
- Expert Choice 11.5 with Comparison
- Microsoft Project 2010
- SAS 9.3
Instructors may request additional software to be installed in the Virtual Computer Lab environment by placing a Software Installation Request.
Instructions on accessing the Virtual Computer Lab
Before you begin
- You must have a GW NetID to log in.
- Your account must have access to the Virtual Computer Lab.
- If you are using VCL for a specific course at GW, your professor may have already requested access on your behalf.
- If you recently registered for the course, please allow 24 hours for the system to be updated.
- All data stored in the virtual desktop will be deleted automatically once you log off. Please be sure to save your files to an external source before you log off from the VCL. We regret that Academic Technologies staff cannot retrieve any lost files.